Employment Vacancy Innovation Manager at KPMG Nigeria Jan 2017
Career Opportunity Innovation Manager at KPMG Nigeria Jan 2017
KPMG Nigeria, is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates on behalf of its client in a FMCG sector to fill the vacant position below:
- The role will be involved in developing and delivering new product plans; from ideation to commercialization, consistent with the mid-long term business plans from a clear understanding of target consumers tastes, habits, trends and evolution.
- Undertake analysis of the consumer market space to assess feasibility of proposed growth options – entry into new product segments, brand and product extensions, etc.
- Develop action plans for implementation of agreed product innovation initiatives and report regularly on progress against the action plans.
- Coordinate research and development efforts to formulate cost effective products in line with agreed business objectives.
- Oversee User Acceptance Testing and Technical Trials for new products.
- Develop and manage the budget for product innovation to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate plans to launch and commercialise new products in line with agreed timelines and budget.
- Provide assistance to the Sales Team to monitor and evaluate consumer satisfaction with new products.
- Strong product innovation background, with proven record of developing and launching products to market based on insights into consumer tastes and preferences.
- Understanding of the macroeconomic and industry trends and their influence on consumer preferences.
- Ability to address and analyse problems and to develop strategic responses.
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify and convert opportunities.
- Excellent communication, business presentations, persuasion, and analytical skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Maintains integrity and professional ethics.
- First degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other related Social Sciences
- MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience with at least 5 years spent in a marketing/ brand management role
- Proven experience in developing and commercialising new products in the FMCG sector
Location: Lagos, Nigeria